|Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization (SMAP) workshop is the evolution of the Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization initiative, which was founded during the summer of 2006 in an effort to discuss the state of the art, recent advances and future perspectives for semantic media adaptation and personalization.|
As social media applications have substantially transformed the way organizations, communities, and individuals interact, the scopes of the workshop are now extended towards this new trend, seeking to bring together researchers from the social web as well as from the semantic web communities, under the umbrella of the media adaptation and personalization domain.
After six successful workshops –in Athens, London, Prague, San Sebastian, Limassol and Vigo–, the SMAP workshop series has consolidated as a reference event in order to discuss about the newest advances in the field.
The 7th SMAP workshop will be held in Luxembourg city, Luxembourg.
The 1-track, 2-day conference aims to provide a platform for exchanging fresh ideas and expertise, and for obtaining feedback on ongoing research. Proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (CPS).
SMAP 2012 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Systems, Man, & Cybernetics Society and IEEE Computational Intelligence Society. It is supported by the IEEE CIS Semantic Web Task Force and the IEEE-SMC Technical Committee on Intelligent Internet Systems. It is supported by the Fonds National de La Recherche Luxembourg (FNR), in the framework of the CLAIRVOYANT project (FNR C09/IS/12).
International Journal On Semantic Web and Information Systems special issue
Extended versions of selected papers presented at SMAP 2012 will be considered for publication in the IJSWIS (http://www.ijswis.org) special issue on "Semantic Social Media Dynamics". Download the call for papers.
Guest Editors: P. Mylonas, I. Anagnostopoulos, F. Bobillo, M. Strohmaier, G.-J. Houben.
Registration for SMAP 2012 is now closed!
Aim and topics
SMAP covers different issues of semantic technologies and social semantic technologies
in their use for content creation, media adaptation and filtering, and user profiling
. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Content creation, annotation and modelling for semantic and social web.
- Computational intelligence for media adaptation and personalization
- Semantics-driven indexing and retrieval of multimedia contents.
- User modelling and dynamic profiling.
- Ontologies and reasoning.
- Semantics-based recommender systems: theory and applications.
- Web adaptation methods and techniques.
- Content customization and adaptation.
- Semantic context modelling and extraction.
- Context-aware multimedia applications.
- Adaptive and personalized multimedia summaries
- Multilingual content navigation.
- Social multimedia tagging and multimedia content communities.
- Intelligent personalized interfaces.
- Multimedia standards.
- Hybrid social and semantic approaches to profiling, recommendation engines or adaptation systems.
- Social multimedia applications (livecasting, audio-video sharing).
- User-generated content mechanisms.
- Adaptive / Personalized conversational media.
- Social and semantic media collaboration platforms (e.g. semantic wikis).
- Social web economics and business.
- Social network aggregation.
- Privacy/Security issues in Social and Personalized Media Applications